2019 General Election
For more information, view the 2019 - General Election Official Results (PDF).
|Kathryn Pantalion-Parker (Winner)||1219||66%|
|Jason Shaw (Winner)||1249||68%|
|Chris Czernek (Winner)||1195||65%|
In addition, visit the Councilmembers-Elect to Take Office May 16 page for additional details.
The City of Leander will canvass the general election voting ballots in a special meeting on Wednesday, May 15 at 5 pm in the San Gabriel Conference Room at Pat Bryson Municipal Hall. Newly elected officials will be sworn in at the city council's regular meeting on Thursday, May 16.
A canvass of all voting ballots must be conducted to determine official voting results. Total numbers may include early voting ballots, provisional ballots, mail-in ballots, federal postcard application ballots, and election-day ballots.
Notice is hereby given that applications for a place on the City of Leander regular (general) election ballot may be filed starting Wednesday, January 16, 2019, at 8 am and ending Friday, February 15, 2019, at 5 pm. Review the 2019 - Notice of Deadline to File Applications for a Place On The Ballot (PDF) for more details.
- January 16 - First-day candidate may apply for a place on the ballot.
- February 15 - Last-day candidate may apply for a place on the ballot. Due by 5 pm.
- February 22 - Ballot position drawing at 9 am, Leander City Hall.
- April 4 - Last day to register to vote. The first statement of contributions and expenditures is due by 5 pm (see note).
- April 19 - Last day to receive an application from voter delivered in person for a ballot to be voted by mail (by close of business, 5 pm)
- April 22 - First day of early voting.
- April 26 - Second statement of contributions and expenditures due by 5 pm (see note).
- April 30 - Last day of early voting.
- May 4 - Election Day. Polls are open from 7 am to 7 pm.
- July 15 - Last day for timely filing of a semi-annual report of contributions and expenditures.
Note: Denotes local candidates who have an opponent on the ballot and who do not file on the modified reporting schedule.
|Place 1 - Kathryn Pantalion-Parker|
|Place 1 - Laura Lantrip|
|Place 3 - Jason Shaw|
|Place 3 - Becki Ross|
|Place 5 - Jeff Seiler|
|Place 5 - Chris Czernek|
Early Voting Polling Places in Leander
Monday through Saturday, April 22 to 27 (8 am to 6 pm) and Monday through Tuesday, April 29 and 30 (7 am to 7 pm).
Please note: No Sunday voting
- Pat Bryson Municipal Hall: 201 N Brushy Street
Election Day Polling Places in Leander
Saturday, May 4 (7 am to 7 pm).
Voter registration cards are available at Leander City Hall, and voter registration information is available at the county government office in your county of residence:
- Williamson County Elections
- Phone: 512-943-1630
- Travis County Elections
- Phone: 512-854-4996
Please be advised, registered voters are required to present one of the following approved forms of photo ID (see note) when voting in person:
- Texas driver's license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas license to carry a handgun issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person's photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person's photograph
- United States passport
With the exception of the U.S. citizenship certificate, the identification must be current or have expired no more than 4 years before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place.
Note: For voters who do not possess an acceptable form of photo identification and cannot obtain one of the forms of acceptable photo identification listed due to a reasonable impediment, read more on the Votetexas.gov - Voter ID page.