The strongest asset of the City of Leander is its employees. Human Resources helps support the employees who work to make this community function smoothly. Our goal is to attract and retain the highest quality employees possible while offering an amazing career with the City of Leander.
If you are interested in becoming a part of this outstanding organization and would like to learn more about what the City can offer, please refer to the benefits page.
Ready to join the dedicated, customer-focused team at the City of Leander? Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications listed in the job posting to be considered for a position. If you meet minimum qualifications, complete an application for each vacancy by the closing date.
View current job openings on the Governmentjobs website.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All applications should contain complete job histories, including job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed.
- Include all relevant education and experience.
- Your Work History should reflect how you meet minimum and preferred qualifications (listed in the job posting), and relevant skills and abilities specific to each of your previous positions.
- “See attached” or “See resume” in lieu of detailed descriptions will not be considered.
- The City of Leander does not accept resumes in lieu of a complete job application; however, you can attach your resume as a supplement.
- Additional documents (college transcripts, DD214, writing samples, etc.) are often required during the application process. Attach any required additional documents as supplements to your completed online application.
If you apply for positions for which the minimum qualifications require a degree or specific coursework hours, upload a clear photocopy of your official college transcript(s) with your employment application. If we are unable to verify the required coursework and number of hours, we cannot give you credit for them.
Upload an evaluation of your coursework if you have obtained a degree(s) from a school outside of the United States; otherwise we cannot give you credit for your degree.
Some organizations that provide evaluation services are:
- Foreign Credential Services of America
1910 Justin Lane, Austin, TX 78757-2411
- SpanTran: The Evaluation Company
2400 Augusta Drive, Suite 451 Houston, TX 77057
- Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 9203 College Station, TX 77842
After you submit your application
After you have submitted an application, you will receive a confirmation email from NeoGov acknowledging your application submission. Our selection process may take several weeks, up to a few months to complete.
Check Application Status
Log in to your NeoGov account to view and track your application status.
For assistance, email the City of Leander Human Resources Department at Email HR.
Job Offers and Continuation of Employment
Job offers and continuation of employment with the City of Leander is contingent upon:
- Proof of education, certification(s) and experience as listed on the employment application based on the job posting requirements.
- Satisfactory results from a pre-employment criminal history background and driving record check.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship. *
- Compliance with the Selective Service Registration for male US citizens and immigrants, who are ages 18-25.
*The City of Leander participates in E-Verify! Information from each new employee’s Form I-9 will be provided to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to confirm work authorization.
The City of Leander is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information in employment.
Applicants should communicate requests for disability-related accommodations during the application process to our Human Resources Department at [email protected] or 512-528-2708. Deaf and hard of hearing applicants may contact our office via Relay Texas at 7-1-1 or 1-800-735- 2989 (TTY/TDD).