Maps & Guides
View a list of various city maps, along with useful development guides, below.
Disclaimer - The City of Leander and its officers, agents, and employees do not represent this data to be correct or accurate in any respect or that its use will not infringe upon any copyright, patent, or other rights of any third party. The City shall have no liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this data; and makes no representation or warranty of merchantability or fitness for any purpose, either expressed or implied. All risks of using this data are assumed by the user and/or purchaser.
- Area Developments Map (PDF only) - The Area Developments Map identifies current and future development areas in Leander. Currently, improved lots are identified based on appraised improvement values totaling $25,000 or greater. Also incorporated is the future residential development map depicting locations and lot counts for conceptual projects that have not completed the platting process. Proposed lot counts are based on preliminary data gathered from concept plans and preliminary plats.
- Child Safety Zones Map (PDF only) - In 2015, Leander City Council passed an ordinance establishing a "Child Safety Zone" within the city limits. For more information, please view the Sex Offenders and Registration page.
- City Limits and ETJ Map - The City Limits and ETJ Map identify parcels located within the City of Leander's jurisdictional boundaries. View the PDF version.
- Development Projects Under Review - The interactive dashboard is updated weekly to provide the public with information regarding specific development projects and permits currently in review.
- Future Land Use Map - The Future Land Use map is a part of the city's Comprehensive Plan and is used to guide decisions related to zoning requests. View the PDF version.
- Stormwater Regulation Map - The City of Leander stormwater regulation map provides information regarding stormwater regulation rules and authorities for the Leander area. View the PDF version.
- Stormwater System Map - The City of Leander stormwater system map was updated on January 12, 2023. Please verify map accuracy with the city's Engineering Department. It is the property owner's responsibility to confirm stormwater infrastructure locations and specifications. View the PDF version.
- Wastewater System Map - The City of Leander wastewater system map was updated on January 12, 2023. Please verify map accuracy with the city's Engineering Department. It is the property owner's responsibility to confirm wastewater infrastructure locations and specifications. View the PDF version.
- Water System Map - The City of Leander water system map was updated on January 12, 2023. Please verify map accuracy with the city's Engineering Department. It is the property owner's responsibility to confirm water infrastructure locations and specifications. View the PDF version.
- Zoning Map - The Leander Zoning Map was updated on February 17, 2023. Please contact the Planning Department for zoning verification. This map is for informational purposes only. No warranty is made by the City of Leander regarding completeness or accuracy. Please refer to the official ordinance for zoning verification. View the PDF version.
- Comprehensive Plan - Comprehensive plans are best described as a guide to a city's future. They generally inform current and future decision-makers where the community is now, where citizens want it to go and how to get there, and which stakeholders should be involved along the way. Leander's current comprehensive plan was adopted on April 1, 2021.
- Development Guide (PDF) - The purpose of this Development Guide is to provide general guidance through the land development process in the City of Leander. However, this guide is not intended to provide every requirement or technical detail of each phase of land development. The City of Leander's standards, policies, and regulations associated with land use and development are created in order to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens while protecting the property rights of the land owners. This guide is intended to assist you through the required processes in order to ensure that you can complete your project successfully and in full compliance with the City regulations.
- Drainage Criteria - The City of Leander has adopted both the Austin Transportation Criteria Manual and the Austin Drainage Criteria Manual to provide design criteria for site development. The criteria shall be implemented with reliance on sound engineering and planning judgment.
- Sign Guide (PDF) - The city's sign guide provides a brief summary* of permitted signage and requirements. *Please review all sign ordinance documentation prior to completing a sign permit application.
- Sign Ordinance (PDF) - The Leander Sign Ordinance was updated Nov. 2, 2023. This ordinance provides provisions for signs located within the City Limits and ETJ.
- Small Cell Node Ordinance - The City of Leander adopted a Small Cell Node Ordinance to allow certain wireless network providers to install wireless facilities in the public right-of-way in accordance with a design manual. This ordinance was adopted on October 2, 2017.
- Transportation Criteria - The City of Leander has adopted both the Austin Transportation Criteria Manual and the Austin Drainage Criteria Manual to provide design criteria for site development. The criteria shall be implemented with reliance on sound engineering and planning judgment.
- Transit-Oriented Development Plan - The City has adopted a master land use plan for the area within the Transit-Oriented Development District. The plan is based on the SmartCode model of sector planning and includes both traditional and conventional development sectors.
- Transportation Plan - The Transportation Plan for the City of Leander was adopted on May 6, 2021. The Transportation Plan was adopted in order to facilitate the adequate provision of transportation, lessen congestion in the streets, secure its citizens and visitors from fire, panic, and other dangers, and promote the general health and welfare of the City. The Transportation Plan is part of the Comprehensive Plan and is listed as Appendix E under supporting documents.