The Leander Police Department is committed to a "partnership-based policing" philosophy as the fundamental way we interact with the community and deliver police services. Partnership-based policing refers to the dynamic and intimate relationship between the people of a community and their police. We cannot be everywhere at once, so we rely on these essential community partnerships to identify, prioritize, and solve contemporary problems such as crime, fear of crime, disorder, and neighborhood problems, to improve the quality of life for all members of the Leander community.
Some of the programs offered by the Leander Police Department include:
- The Citizens Police Academy
Please note: Applications are currently not being accepted for the Citizens Police Academy
- Public Safety Cadets - Post Number 0641
- National Night Out
- Neighborhood Watch
- Tricks and Treats Spooktacular - The link is inactive until the event is scheduled!
- Drug-Take-Back program (In conjunction with the DEA)
- Coffee with a Cop
- Citizens on Patrol (C.O.P.)
- Educational Tours and Classes
- Safe Trade Location
- Along with many other programs and activities that are in development
The Community Services Division also works with outside entities to keep our department involved in the following programs:
- Blue Santa Program
- Citizen's Police Academy Alumni Association Facebook
- Williamson County Coalition Against Underage Drinking
- Life Steps
- Additional community-based programs.
If you have any questions about any upcoming events or would like to get involved, please get in touch with our Community Services Division at 512-528-2812 or 512-528-2821.