Calendar Date: Monday, July 3, 2023 - 6 pm to 10 pm
Celebrate Independence Day with Liberty Fest at Devine Lake Park! Leander's largest annual event includes live music, food, children's activities, and a spectacular fireworks display. Admission is free for all ages.
In addition to Devine Lake Park, there are three other designated areas to watch fireworks:
- Benbrook Ranch Park (210 designated parking spots)
- Danielson Middle School (435 designated parking spots)
- Plain Elementary (126 designated spots)
Event Schedule at Devine Lake Park
- 5 pm - Offsite parking opens
- 5:30 pm - Buses begin loading
- 6 pm - Gates open
- 6:30 pm - Madison Rodges
- 7 pm - Watermelon seed spitting contest (near the Kids Zone, all ages)
- 7:15 pm - Hot dog eating contest (near the Kids Zone, all ages)
- 7:30 pm - Pie eating contest (near the Kids Zone, all ages)
- 8:30 pm - Departure ATX
- 9:30 pm - Fireworks
- 9:45 pm - Departure ATX encore
- Al Clawson Disposal, Inc.
- Austin Fitness Group
- Camp Bow Wow
- Honda Leander
- Smokey Mo's
- United Rentals
- Whitestone Brewery
Admission to the event is free. There are no pre-event registrations to complete to attend Liberty Fest! Attendees may arrive at Devine Lake Park by event bus, walk up, or other vehicle drop off.
There will be no parking at Devine Lake Park. Attendees must park at Glenn High School and ride event buses to the park. There is no parking on Waterfall Avenue on July 3. This road will be used for public transportation and emergency access to Liberty Fest. Vehicles parked on Waterfall on Monday, July 3, will be towed.
Premium Parking Passes
Exclusive parking at Bagdad Elementary School for Leander Liberty Fest. Premium parking passes are sold out.
Vendors & Sponsors
See our vendor application (PDF) and Program and Event Vendor Policy and Procedures (PDF) for vendor details. The vendor application deadline is June 9, 2023, at 5 pm. View sponsorship opportunities (PDF). For other opportunities and questions, call Leander Parks and Recreation at 512-528-9909.
- $10 Kids Zone wristbands available at the city information booth. Kids Zone will include a variety of inflatables, including bounce houses and slides.
- All containers will be checked at the entrance gates.
- Attendees may bring two sealed bottles of water into the event. Coolers will not be permitted. Empty refillable water bottles/cups will be permitted. A water fill station will be available onsite.
- No outside coolers, alcohol, glass, household furniture, amplified music, drum kits or instruments, print materials for distribution, unauthorized generators, commercial vending without a permit, air-filled play equipment, illegal drugs, laser pointers, firearms/weapons, sky lanterns, fireworks or other explosives.
- No umbrellas larger than 3 feet in diameter allowed near the event stage.
- No pets allowed on buses. However, pets are allowed on park property IF they are friendly to others and leashed at all times when not in the enclosed dog park area. Please be mindful that pets are often sensitive to hot temperatures and loud noises.
Liberty Fest Guide
We want all Liberty Fest participants to have an enjoyable, relaxing time. It's even better when you know what to expect. So below some of the important things you should know to make the most of your Liberty Fest experience.
Bags are subject to search by festival staff at all Liberty Fest entrance gates. The following items are prohibited from entering the event and, if found, should be returned to your vehicle confiscated at the gate:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Bicycles, scooters, carts, motorized vehicles
- Open drinks
- Household furniture
- Amplified music
- Drum kits or instruments
- Print materials for distribution
- Unauthorized generators
- Commercial vending without a permit
- Air-filled play equipment
- Illegal drugs
- Laser pointers
- Sky lanterns
- Fireworks and other explosives
Keep Alcohol in Its Place
We understand Independence Day is a day of celebration. However, no alcoholic beverages or open containers of any kind will be allowed into the festival grounds from outside sources. Alcohol will be available for purchase at the event.
Get Your Wristband On
As you enter the festival site, there will be stations issuing wristbands for eligibility to purchase alcoholic beverages and wristbands for admission into the Kids Zone area. Valid identification must be shown to receive an alcohol wristband, and they must be worn at all times and shown to vendors in order to purchase alcoholic beverages. Wristbands are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and cannot be replaced.
Mind Your Manners
Rowdy or otherwise disorderly conduct, drunkenness, obscene, crude or abusive language, inappropriate or non-consensual photographs or video, and/or failure to follow directions from festival staff and volunteers will not be tolerated and could lead to your removal from festival grounds.
Leave No Trace
With your help, Liberty Fest can become a more sustainable event. Receptacles will be onsite for normal trash and recyclables. And it's always a good practice to carry out everything you bring in.
No Bicycles or Motorized Vehicles
Liberty Fest tends to draw large crowds. In order to reduce the chance of serious injury, bicycles, golf carts and other similar motorized vehicles are not allowed on festival grounds. Exceptions include a limited use of all-terrain vehicles by event staff for trash pickup and first aid. Bicycles can be parked at a bike lockup available just outside of Liberty Fest entrances.
Smile, You May Be on Camera!
Your image could be captured in video or photographs by event staff or other participants, which could be displayed or disseminated without your consent or payment of compensation to you. Neither Liberty Fest nor City of Leander employees will incur legal liability for such filming, photographing or dissemination.
First Aid Is Available
Your safety and health are of utmost importance to us. We will have a first-aid tent and emergency medical services available if needed during the event.
You Are Responsible for Yourself
You assume full responsibility and liability for your participation at the festival. You also assume all risks and dangers incidental to Liberty Fest entertainment, vendors and other activities, which may include property damage or personal injury.
By entering the festival site, you hereby forever release, discharge and hold the City of Leander and Liberty Fest organizers, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, contractors, agents or representatives harmless from any claim arising from such risk, even if arising from the negligence of the Liberty Fest, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, contractors, agents or representatives, or by third parties.
Have a safe and happy Independence Day!