In most instances, the payment due date will be 28 days from the date your bill was issued. Please note that late notice reminders will not be mailed out. Customers who do not pay their bill in-full on or before the due date will be assessed a late fee and subject to service termination.
See the billing schedule below for your due date, or you call Utilities customer service at 512-259-1142. Please have your utilities account number ready.
How to Pay Your Bill
Customers have four ways to pay their utility bill:
- In person - Bring your utility bill payment to the Utilities office in Leander City Hall located at 105 N Brushy Street during normal business hours.
- Drop off - Use our drive-through window on the Utilities office south wall in Leander City Hall located at 105 N Brushy Street during normal or after business hours.
- Pay by phone - Call the Utilities payment number at 512-528-2704.
Before calling, make sure to know your utilities account number (shown on your bill) and previous amount paid. These items are used to confirm your account and will be required to complete your transaction.
- Pay online - Go to our online payments website.
If your account number starts with the following two digits, your due date will be the day of the month indicated. (Ex: account number 21-0000-00)
|Prefix Account Number||Due Date|
|01, 02, 21, 24, 27, 28, 39, 45, 47, 48, 56, 57, 58, 78, 86, 90, 97||29|
|12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 22, 37, 40, 54, 62, 63, 66, 67, 69, 70, 71, 72, 74, 76, 80, 81, 84, 85,87, 94, 96||5|
|03, 05, 06,09, 10, 11, 14, 19, 20, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31, 32, 38, 42, 43, 44, 49, 61, 64, 65, 89||12|
|07, 08, 23, 33, 34, 35, 36, 41, 46, 50, 51, 52, 53, 55, 59, 60, 68, 73, 93, 95, 98, 99||19|
Discounts / Rebates
- Residential discounts - As of January 1, 2022, the Senior and Disabled person discount will be 20% off the fixed monthly base charge for water and remain 10% off the monthly sewer and trash charges. Discounts will no longer apply to water usage. Discounts only apply to metered water provided to a single living unit occupied by a disabled/senior person. Customers must provide valid proof of age or disability to the City of Leander Utilities.
- Residential rebates - LCRA's WaterSmart Rebates program provides rebates of 50% of the total cost, up to $600 per residential property, for irrigation evaluations, retrofitting or replacing irrigation system equipment, new pool filters and covers, aeration, compost and mulch, and soil testing.
About LCRA - The Texas Legislature created the Lower Colorado River Authority in 1934. LCRA provides public power, manages the lower Colorado River, builds and operates transmission lines across the state, and more. Leander is a firm water customer of LCRA.
If the bill has not been paid by 5 pm on the due date indicated, a late fee in the amount of 10% of the total due, or a minimum of $10, will be accessed.
If payment is not received, or a payment agreement is not submitted, by 5 pm on the day prior to your due date, your utility service will be disconnected and a $40 reinstatement fee will be applied to your account. Service will not be reinstated until your account is paid in full, including the $40 fee.