W41 San Gabriel Elevated Storage Tank
- ID: W41
- Type: Water
- Phase: Construction
- Location: 1,000 feet southwest of Ronald W Reagan Boulevard and East San Gabriel Parkway intersection. See the Project Map.
The San Gabriel Elevated Storage Tank (EST) will be approximately 135 feet tall and hold 1.25 million gallons of water, structural built of concrete and steel. It is a key project to help further develop Leander's water system by providing redundant water supply to portions of the city.
This tank is identified in the Water Master Plan. Contractors built a temporary road to access the Elevated Storage Tank site.
The tank creates new Brushy Creek Regional Utility Authority Water Treatment Plant (BCRUA) water supply capacity for the northern and northwestern areas of the City and allows major amounts of water to be moved from the east side of the City to the west side of the City.
This project is needed to complete the San Gabriel transmission/distribution line between Ronald W Reagan Boulevard and Bagdad Road in order to move large volumes of BCRUA water from the east side of the City to west side of the City. This project will also provide for redundancy and reliability in water transmission during emergency conditions. This project is also needed to meet Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) compliance.
Contractor Allowable Work Hours
- Monday through Saturday from 7 am to 6 pm. No use of heavy equipment and loud noise until 8 am.
- Road/Lane closures from 9 am to 4 pm to minimize impact to peak traffic and school transportation.
- City-recognized holiday and weekend (Sunday) work requires at least 48 hours advance notice.
- Night work requires Council approval for noise ordinance variance.
- June 13, 2023 - Contractors have completed the access road and have started construction on the Elevated Storage Tank, which is expected to last for about 480 days. For their own safety, residents are encouraged not to enter the construction site. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.
- May 3, 2023 - Contractors are currently creating an access road to the Elevated Storage Tank site.
Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Oversight
This project is managed under the city's Capital Improvement Program (CIP), a comprehensive planning effort designed to prioritize and coordinate the development of capital projects to meet Leander's public infrastructure needs today and in the future.