Old Town Master Plan
The Leander Old Town Master Plan paints a community backed vision for Old Town and develops future action items to strengthen the downtown area. A strong and vibrant downtown can be a key economic driver for the community to support and sustain growth over time.
Completed in Sept. 2023, the purpose of the master plan is to:
- Evaluate the branding of Old Town and create a vision and cohesive design theme including a Master Sign Plan and development of a plan for entry features to define the area.
- Develop a parking strategy that provides an assessment of existing parking and proposed solutions.
- Propose updates to the zoning to support desired land uses.
- Evaluate and plan for infrastructure including a needs assessment including the use and/or improvement to the existing substandard alleys.
- Review, evaluate, and propose a Capital Improvement Plan that is based on a needs analysis for improving the infrastructure for both pedestrians and vehicles in Old Town.
- Complete a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis, including a review of the land use, infrastructure, civic and public space, design and preservation elements.
- Re-examine the boundaries of Old Town and determine if there should be two separate districts.
- OTMP 2023 Ch. 1 - Introduction
- OTMP 2023 Ch. 2 - Community Profile
- OTMP 2023 Ch. 3 - 2050 Vision for Old Town
- OTMP 2023 Ch. 4 - Old Town Framework
- OTMP 2023 Ch. 5 - Character Districts
- OTMP 2023 Ch. 6 - Implementation Toolkit
- OTMP 2023 Appendix A - Existing Conditions Maps
- OTMP 2023 Appendix B - Advisory Committee Mtgs
- OTMP 2023 Appendices C-E - Workshops, Survey, Parking